I help companies to discover and improve experiences for their users and customers, uncover problems and find business opportunities.Ronald Peeringa
By conducting research through various methods you will gain better insights in their behavior. The approach of combining quantitative and qualitative data will result in a deeper understanding of the customer’s experiences and motivation; the driver behind their behavior. This will help to meet your customer’s needs, and increase their engagement and loyalty.
About Lost Dog UX Research
After working at different companies in various roles, I learned that the personal connection by interviewing people and understanding their deeper underlying motivations and emotions, is what interest me the most; understanding their behavior cannot be found by only looking at the data. However, most companies do not realize how much impact this better understanding can have, or lack this specific expertise internally; that is why I started Lost Dog to offer my expertise to discover insights for other businesses.
My Discovery Journey
After my graduation in Graphic Design I worked as a visual designer for several design and advertising companies. I developed corporate identities, rebrandings, periodicals and packaging for companies in different markets. Clients: InterAccess, PQR, OTIS, Genicom, Actebis, Schuitema, C1000, Sperwer Holding BV.
From print to web
Gradually, my focus shifted from print to web, and learned the importance of interaction design. I was an interaction designer and consultant for large B2B and B2C e-commerce applications of Dutch and international companies; such as Wehkamp, SUN Microsystems, Douwe Egberts, OHRA, PGGM, Hypotheekshop, Kappa packaging
From design to UX and CX
I started my 12 years at Elsevier as senior UX Lead on Scopus. And ended as Researcher Lead for the delivery of superb end-to-end journey experiences for authors, editors, and reviewers throughout the entire publishing process. I worked on large global projects with cross-departmental teams conducting user interviews, quantitative and qualitative surveys, customer journey maps. Optimize the conversion of core workflows, and setting up customer engagement programs.
Ronald, CX/UX research expert and founder of Lost Dog based in Amsterdam, has conducted over 300 user interviews for B2C and B2B markets for small and large projects.
My core competencies include:
- Conducting user interviews (qualitative) and surveys (quantitative): defining questions for concept or usability test scripts and (online) surveys
- Conducting heuristic reviews: assessing existing features or online products based on known user behavior
- Combining qualitative and quantitative data from usage data, surveys and customer support queries
- Mapping customer journey experiences: more about customer journey mapping and how to create them
In my opinion the most pressing topic is finding a sustainable way of securing our planet for future generations. Without this there will be not much to look forward to.
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness”
- “Space, the final frontier”
- “Music, the universal language of mankind” – I am also a music producer and sound engineer, and studied at the renowned Wisseloord Studios.
You can find out more on my Linked profile.